Planned for 3.6.2 (December 2013):
Planned for 4.0:
- Major redesign to UI and user experience based on Usability Study.
- Platform upgrades to Glassfish 4, Java SE7 and Java EE7.
- Dataverses will now be able to contain other Dataverses, which will replace Subnetworks and Collections (Object model re-design to simplify container type objects)
- Dataverse Customizations:
- Branding: streamlined to allow for logo/image in the banner along with custom text and links.
- Embedding into a website: replace support for iframes with "views" or "widgets" to list or search data sets and dataverses.
- Initial Integration with Shibboleth for user authentication.
- Security enhancements:
- Allow for other authentication options
- Initial integration with WorldMap/ GIS support / GeoRSS feeds.
- New subsettable and analysis component, with updated interface to Zelig/R.
- Integration with DASH or other institutional publication repositories (IR).
- Secure storage (encrypted) to support high-risk confidential data.
- Support multiple file storages: IRODS, secure storage
- Support ORCID identifiers for authors.
For a full detailed roadmap, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/projects/dvn/roadmap