Planned for 4.0 (December 2014):
See Roadmap for full up-to-date details.
- Major redesign to UI and user experience based on Usability Study.
- Platform upgrades to Glassfish 4, Java SE7 and Java EE7.
- Dataverses will now be able to contain other Dataverses, which will replace Subnetworks and Collections (Object model re-design to simplify container type objects)
- Search improvements: wildcard search with * (asterisk), autocomplete, bookmarkable URLs, etc.
- Expand metadata support:
- Additional Domain-specific metadata blocks (social sciences (DDI-Codebook 2.5), biomedical (ISA-Tab/OBI), astrophysics (Virtual Observatory), etc);
- additional general metadata schemas (ex. DataCite).
- Dataverse Customizations:
- Branding: streamlined to allow for logo/image in the banner along with custom text and links.
- Embedding into a website: replace support for iframes with "widgets" to list or search Datasets and dataverses.
- Initial integration with WorldMap/ GIS support / GeoRSS feeds.
- New data visualization, subset and analysis tool, with updated interface to Zelig/R.
- Initial Integration with Shibboleth for user authentication.
- Security enhancements:
- secure login and uploads/downloads
- strong password requirements
- Allow for other authentication options
- Integration with DASH or other institutional publication repositories (IR).
- Secure storage (encrypted) to support high-risk confidential data.
- Support multiple file storages: IRODS, secure storage.
- Integration with ORCID (API).
For a full detailed roadmap, go to: http://roadmap.iq.harvard.edu/milestones/milestone-roadmap/dataverse/