The latest available version of the Dataverse Network can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvn/files/dvn/.
The latest version released in late December 2013 is a minor release. It includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/projects/dvn/versions/68):
The version released in late October 2013 is a minor release. It includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/projects/dvn/versions/73):
- Convert DVN from Ant to Maven.
- Cataloging Information: Change distribution date field to include only year, not day/month.
The version released in early October 2013 is a minor release. It includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/projects/dvn/versions/65):
- Initial implementation of Data Deposit API (SWORDv2-based).
- Handling of ordinals in R ingest.
- Initial DOI support.
- Allow Dataverse curators/admins to provide message when denying file access.
- Add md5 checksums on all new files.
- Documentation is tied to each new release (ex. Dataverse Network Guides 3.6).
The version released in early July 2013 is a minor release. It includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/projects/dvn/versions/66):
- Ability to request access to restricted files on a file-by-file basis (rather than the entire study).
- New UI for Study Permissions Page.
- Ability to upload and extract .tar files.
The version released in June 2013 is a minor release. It includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/projects/dvn/versions/61):
- Initial support of ingest of R data files.
- Faceted search for Studies.
- Sub-networks for facilitating searching and organizing specific groups of Dataverses. [mockups] [redmine ticket]
The version released in April 2013 is a minor release. It includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/versions/show/54):
- Support of search for astronomy FITS files metadata
- Support of latest versions of SPSS (20) and Stata (12)
- New Network Home Page UI
- New Dataverse browsing page, including filter option to easily search for dataverses
- New Study Files UI (to better support studies with a large number of files)
The version released in January 2013 is a minor release. It includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/versions/show/53):
- Refactoring of Options and Network Options pages for a better user experience
- Ability to unzip zip files on upload (batch upload)
- New Data Citation widget when creating / editing a study
- Ability to export Guestbook data
- New upload option (SPSS-Portable file, *with the extended labels in an auxilary file*)
- Allow multiple Controlled Vocabulary options to be entered at once
- Performance improvements for managing users, creating collections, and other areas
- Read Only mode (for use when deploying new versions / patches of application)
The version released in late August 2012 is a minor release that includes new twitter functionality. This version includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/versions/show/50):
- Automated twitter (send tweets for new studies at dataverse level, new dataverses at DVN level)
- DVN level download data tracking
- Improvements to download data tracking page - pagination, ability to export
- Controlled vocabulary added for compound fields (author, keyword, topic classification, etc.)
- Improved workflow when downloading files
The version released on June 25 is a minor release that includes new guest book functionality. As part of this release, there were also changes made to the LOCKSS plugin. This version includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/versions/show/26):
- New guest book functionality for tracking file downloads
- Study templates: added descriptions and cloning of existing templates
- Dataverses are now case insensitive
- Allow users to use an e-mail address as a username
- Data Visualization: give admin the ability to migrate a data visualization from one file to a new file
The version released on the week of March 12 is a major release that includes critical changes in the Dataverse Network infrastructure. As part of this release, the open source license is changed to Apache 2. This version includes (for more information, go to: https://redmine.hmdc.harvard.edu/versions/show/10):
Complete Platform Upgrade to:
- Glassfish 3
- JSF 2
- EJB 3
- Icefaces 2
- jQuery 1.71
- Readability and UI improvements
- New Menu Bar layout (with icons)
- New Tooltips
- New default dataverse look and feel
- Controlled Vocabulary - at Network level, can now define sets of Controlled Vocabulary Values to be used by templates
- Create multiple Network level metadata templates
- Disable templates
- Clone any (enabled) Network level template for dataverse use
- Set any template field to be required
- Set any template field as hidden, so it will not show up for studies
- Set any Network template field as disabled, so it will not show up for dataverse templates
- Add new fields to Data Collection / Methodology section to a Network template
- Set controlled vocabulary to be used with a template field (currently only for new fields; will expand this in the future)
New Data Sharing API:
- A new API has been added, for programmatic access to data and metadata in the Dataverse Network.
- The API consists of 2 modules, Metadata/Search and Data Access.
- Technical documentation for the API is available here:
- Expanded Publication metadata
- Download DDI for public studies (with or without data metadata) from the Study Page
- Warning message for an unreleased Dataverse now shows on every page (previously, just on home page)
- For subsettable files, we now identify the format of the original file
- Improvements to Nesstar harvesting (link back to original source)
- New Utilities to reregister an individual handle or check status of a set of studies